Saturday, October 20, 2007

Homecoming

This weekend we all went down to Atlanta to visit my parents and go to the Georgia Tech Homecoming. We no longer have season tickets, but still try to make it to at least this one game. It was nice to catch up with friends, see the homecoming displays and wreck contraptions, even if we did leave Helen with my grandparents for the day-- much to their delight! It was a beautiful day in Atlanta, although after a few hours of baking in the upper bleachers, we decided to leave a little early and walk around campus. Fortunately, Tech was able to win, despite our early departure. On our drive out, we wound up driving through Kim's alma mater, Oglethorpe to see how her campus looks these days. We later grabbed a quick dinner with our friends, Matt and Julie who we haven't had a chance to see for a while.

Helen update: I noticed I haven't really updated on what our little girl is doing these days. After having the heavy cough and runny nose, Helen was much improved this week (which means we all slept better through the night). She can pretty much sit up on her own now, although she is still a bit wobbly. When on her belly, she has just started pushing herself up while really kicking her legs... looks like crawling-in-training. She eats her baby food great, even the green peas that she used to refuse to eat by prentending to choke on them. And she's an expert at putting her pacifer in the mouth herself (and anything else within arms reach). Mrs. Johnson, Kim's mother, accurately describes her as "the most looking-est baby", which is to say she loves to look around and see new things. She absorbs her surroundings. Unfortunately, it looks like she has the runny nose again (or is it the same one?). But that's just part of growing up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, sounds like everything is good there.Savannah is good, she is almost rolling over(it's the arm part.)I will talk to daddy about the b-day.
love you,
chloe

Alan & Kim said...

Ah! Blogger ate my pictures. I posted several pictures and they disappeared. Sorry, technical difficulties... I'll re-upload when I get a chance.