Wednesday, June 13, 2007

More about PC

Now that we're back from our Florida trip, I can appreciate being on vacation even more so, and thus I am lead to reminisce about all that we did. The drive there and back wasn't too bad. Of course we had to stop in ATL on the way, but that gave us a great opportunity to visit with Dave & Kelly (going) and the Johnson's (returning). As stated before, it was fun to see Helen and Evan together... did you see the pictures in the album with Evan's arm wrapped our baby? Classic.

We did actually get to go out to a movie, thanks in no small part to a Great-Grandmother, Grandmother, and cousin ready to babysit for us. After a return for feeding, we went out to a nice dinner, where I was able to indulge in wonderful grilled scamp (better than grouper) AND blackened shrimp. I have successfully satisfied my fresh seafood cravings for a while.

Since I'm hungry, I'll continue with this food diary and recount the dinner with the family the next night. I'm not usually a fan of vegetables, but my Mom brought down some fresh butter beans, black-eyed peas, and green beans from their favorite produce stand. Delicious. But what truly sealed the meal was my grandmother's corn bread. Her cornbread is not like other southern cornbreads, in that it is not sweetened. That makes it go great with the meal. But I was also reminded of our favorite tradition... for dessert we would drizzle some pure cane syrup on top. Indescribable wonderfulness. It was a nice ending to a nice visit.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a cutie! Your pics are great!