Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Mother's Dilemma

It's Thursday and I'm at home. I should be at work, but Helen has created quite a dilemma for me. Yesterday, she started getting very whiny. I checked her temp, and it was approx. 99.9. I decided to go ahead and take her into the daycare so that I could work. The daycare won't take her if her fever is over 100, and I knew they would call me if she was truly sick. Last night, she started getting congested and coughing. She woke up in the night and her temp registered right around 101. She also decided to have a 1am-3am party, Mommy was invited. Mommy invited Daddy, but Daddy decided not to RSVP. Dora came out for a little bit but left early. So, this morning we made the call that she should not go to daycare. The dilemma has been that she has been acting great all morning, very little fever, happy, eating a lot, etc. I'm torn between going to work and staying at home with her. I have a feeling that most working mothers go through this all the time. I'm blessed that I only have to work part-time, but it makes it that much more difficult when she gets sick on one of the 3 days that I do work. It also makes me reflect that life is a little bit more difficult when you don't live around family to help out, particularly retired grandparents :) Oh, well. I'm trying to make the most of this day since I'll be working tomorrow...working on a Friday, YUCK!

No comments: