Helen joined the faith family this past Sunday. It was an awesome experience. We were worried that Helen would decide that the whole baptism thing was not for her; however, she surprised us by acting like the perfect little angel. She loved it all and could not stop looking at all of God's people. I'm making this a short picture post as I'm quite tired. Alan is out of town, and I had to work all day today after throwing a big party yesterday...can you see that I'm a bit spoiled by my work schedule. I usually don't have to work on Mondays, so this one was hard :) Enjoy the pics!
Notice the beautiful banner in the backgroud..."Today God called my name...Helen Kathryn"
The proud GrandparentsNotice the beautiful banner in the backgroud..."Today God called my name...Helen Kathryn"
Our extended family. Helen is so blessed to be loved by so many wonderful people!
The after party. No dress can slow Helen down! Please notice that both hairbow and shoes remained on the entire day...all mothers know that is quite a victory!


3 comments:
Love the photos -- sorry we couldn't make it. Helen looks so big, and I can see her developing into her own little person. :)
Wow, what a beautiful event.
We are also sorry we could not be there.
Who made such a huge beautiful banner? Was it some-one from your church? You surely ought to give public acknowledgement/credit to the person who made such a striking banner.
Monica
Well, I just learned how to post a comment, otherwise you would have had several by now. The pictures of Helen's baptism are great, and that banner is Beautiful! Matt and I feel terrible we were not able to join you all, but plan to make a trip up there soon to see you both and Helen! Oops! and Dora her sister!
Post a Comment