Saturday, January 5, 2008

First week of Oh Ate

After a short work week that seemed like a full week, we made the transition back to some semblance of a routine. Kim actually worked her full 2.5 days from Wednesday to Friday, while still fighting through her sinusy sickness. Helen seems to be generally feeling better and just has the same old drippy nose that is the norm for her. I guess that's the same for me, too. One thing that doesn't look like is changing for the 2008 forecast is our cycle of family illness!






We are however working on starting a new routine of getting some more exercise in. I had the opportunity to head back to the pool at the gym Friday after work. After getting over an eery feeling like I was a stranger in this place that I hadn't seen in many months, I jumped right in and enjoyed a good swim. I'm planning on competing in another sprint triathlon this year because I had such a great time doing that back in 2006, but I haven't decided which one or when. In any case, I need to start training for it now!

We're spending most of the weekend cleaning up and putting away. The rest of the Christmas decorations are in the process of coming down. And the rest of the Christmas gifts have been unboxed and assembled from our trip, much to Helen's delight. She was really on the move tonight, demonstrating a real crawl, not just her forward movements. And then she went right back to her preferred pulling up and 'cruising' around the couch. Earlier today, I played Mr. Mom and went shopping for some clothes with Helen in tow, while Kim took a much needed rest to help with her sickiness. Since Helen loves going out and seeing things, she was no trouble strolling around the store and soaking it all in.

Time to go to bed. Tomorrow is a full day of getting back to church and completing another list of chores!
-Alan
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

cellokelly said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly the toys roll in and take over?!