What could possibly get us to agree to camping in July during a 95+ heat wave? ...How about the Zurn family camper trailer with A/C so cold, you have to wrap up in a blanket through the night! Of course, we didn't stay confined to those deluxe accommodations, but enjoyed the lake view, took a swim in the lake, grilled dinner, ate s'mores and generally had a great time. Michael, Killian, and Chloe also joined us, but roughed it by sleeping in a tent. Gold star to the ladies for surviving and loving their first camping experience, too! I think the oscillating fan inside the tent was an inspired idea. The Taylor's joined us for the evening, too, and Helen and Evan ran and played all over the place. They had a great time, although sharing was not high on there list that day (see picture below). Such drama in the toddlers!
Another part of this grand adventure was the borrowed canoe I brought down from SC. Helen was dying to get in, and although we weren't planning on letting her at first, we gave it a try and she loved it. She sat perfectly still in Chloe's lap as we paddled around the cove.


2 comments:
Aw, so cute. Love the pictures with nature and water in the back-ground. Looks like alot of fun.
Wow! A blog...and to think I was about to delete Walkering Around from my school computer. Now I can show my friends there those great pics of the girls. Thanks... Mom/Ann
Post a Comment