This summer has been unusual in the fact that Helen has gotten a high fever every 2-3 weeks!! I was completely shocked and dismayed to discover that another fever has set in after her nap this afternoon. I knew something was up as Helen was especially cranky this morning. I took her to see the free movie at the local theater, and she cried the entire way there. Of course, during the movie she pepped up and started singing Little Mermaid songs (we were watching a Veggie Tales movie.) We lasted about 45 minutes.
So, Alan and I are back to negotiating who gets to go to work and when. I only work part-time, but this summer Helen has gotten her fever on Wednesdays which means we have to figure out how I am to get to work on Thursdays. I'm beginning to dread hump day!
I'm putting the blame squarely on the shoulders of daycare. Helen stayed well all winter long which leads me to believe that they take a lot of precautions during the winter and completely slack off during the summer. All we can hope is that this latest fever is like the first few she had and lasts only about 24 hours as opposed to her last incident which caused a 104 fever for 5 days straight!
Here's to watching The Little Mermaid another 10,000 times :)
And, yes, to those who are observing, the only thing that brought me out of my blogging hiatus was to complain about sickness. Misery loves company!
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment