Friday, June 8, 2007

Recharging in Panama City

Life is always good in Panama City! We are thoroughly enjoying our vacation away from it all. We had a wonderful meal last night at the Captain's Table. Good food was had by all. I got the fried shrimp and grouper platter, and it was excellent! I gobbled it up within minutes. Alan got the grilled grouper. While he always loves grilled grouper, he was a little disappointed that he did not try something different. Next time, he said he will order the grilled shrimp AND grilled grouper.

We arrived in PC on Wednesday after a fabulous visit with our friends Dave & Kelly in Atlanta. We got to see their little boy, Evan, for the first time. He had the longest eyelashes of any body I have ever seen-adults included! It was quite funny because Helen and Evan are approximately the same size, even though Evan is 6 weeks older. It made me think if I should put Helen on a diet...I didn't know that breast milk could make you pack on the pounds like that. Of course, I'm just kidding! I'm not pulling out the Trim Spa (for babies) just yet :)

Our trip from Atlanta to PC was not bad at all. We did get caught in some traffic on I-85. As soon as the traffic started, Helen started crying because she was hungry. I had tried to anticipate all possible problems, but never considered her getting hungry in a place where we couldn't pull over so I had no bottle. After some interested acrobatics on my part which I'm sure the truckers around us enjoyed, I finally just took her out of the car seat to feed her since we were essentially at a stand still. Other than that, the ride was uneventful.

We enjoyed the beach yesterday with Chloe-she is down here with Alan's mom and staying with Alan's grandmother. Well, we enjoyed the beach for about 5 minutes before we high tailed it back in to the pool!

Today we are going to have our "date night." However, since we are so cheap, we are going to have a date lunch and possibly finally get to see Spider Man 3. I feel like we have gone out without Helen, but I can't really remember when. At this point, she doesn't get in our way much, so we haven't been overly anxious to flee.

Unfortunately, I'm writing this blog at 6am because I couldn't get to sleep (again) after I fed her around 4. I'm getting sick and tired of not sleeping between her night feedings, so I might just try to stay awake and go to bed early tonight to get back on a regular schedule. Currently, I've gotten into the habit of going to bed around 11-getting up around 3-4 to feed the baby and not going back to sleep until around 7. That makes it where I don't get out of the bed for the day until around 10-11. I feel like I'm sleeping my life away when that happens. So, will I make it on 3 hours of sleep today?? At the beach, anything is possible!

Pictures will be posted soon...I can't see to hook the camera up in the dark!

2 comments:

Greg said...

I hope you were able to make it out to the movie!

Sarah said...

Hope you had a good trip. Can't wait to see pictures!