Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Catching up







Kim reporting today. Oh, how I love part-time! I'm having a glorious Wednesday morning. Mostly due to the fact that Helen has become the #1 baby for sleeping! I feel like we have finally turned a corner. Per my careful documentation of her sleeping habits, Helen has been sleeping 7 hours+ for the past week! Hooray! Last night was even better. She woke up after 8 hours-Alan put the pacifier in and she slept for another 2 hours with no feedings!! Hopefully, she'll keep up with this great schedule for at least a few weeks.

There is a lot of catching up to do. Over Labor Day weekend, the family attended the professional bicycling race that comes through our town. Helen was a superstar. She put up with terrible heat and waiting around to see the bicycles fly by at 30+ mph in less than 10 seconds. She is definitely a very social little girl and loves new things. It will be exciting to watch her as she grows to find out if she will be continue to love adventure.

The following weekend, Helen and I spent a VERY relaxing weekend at my parent's house. It was fabulous as my mother became Helen's mother, and I got to act more like a visiting Aunt...a role I'm more familiar with :) Naturally, my mother conquered the spoon in two feedings flat. Did it last when I got back home...of course not! Helen has been enjoying her cereal out of her bottle since we returned. I'm feeling much more relaxing and rejuvanated. Unfortunately, we did have a bit of a hiccup on the drive back. Leaving the perfect Utopia of no responsibility behind caused me to have a panic attack between Commerce and nowhere, GA. I physically felt as though I could not drive any further. So, I stopped and Alan and Auntie Terry had to come to the rescue. Looking back on it now, I can't relate to why I couldn't drive any further but at the time I thought that one more mile would result in certain collapse. For those of you who have experienced such attacks, I'm sure you can understand. So, I'm seeking medical intervention on Thursday. My attacks come completely out of the blue, so I'm not sure that anything specific can be done, but as you all know, I'm a girl who takes great initiative at finding solutions!

I hope you enjoy the newest pics of Helen.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, Kim - I hope you were able to talk to someone about what's been happening. :( We're worried about you!