Saturday, September 15, 2007

Changing Winds


There's a big change for me lately and I'm finally able to tell everyone about it. After a lot of consideration and thought, I have decided to change jobs. I've had a great time working for Michelin these last six years. It's what originally brought me, and then Kim, to Greenville. And I have really enjoyed working with my co-workers, and am proud of the work we do. But I am really excited about this new opportunity. I will be starting in October with GE Wind Energy as a blade design engineer, here in Greenville. Wind energy is a fast growing alternative energy and it looks like it will continue to grow quickly for many years. I'll be able to tell you even more about wind energy after I complete a homework assignment for an industry analysis paper.

As you can imagine, it has been a somewhat stressful time to go through all the steps of seeking new employment, while trying to remain tight-lipped and tactful about my intentions to leave. Combine that with all the other stresses and joys of home life, and it has been an interesting time over the last few months!

Here's a link to a little demo about wind energy I thought was neat: National Geographic Wind Power Simulation
And if you've got even more spare time on your hands, how about an ad about wind energy I found humorous: www.green.tv/wind

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Greg said...

Congratulations Alan! Good luck with your new position.

Robert said...

Will you have to repay your tuition to Michelin for the MBA? Good luck with the change.

Sarah said...

YAY! Congrats! I'll bet it feels good.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and best of luck in your new position! It sounds like a wonderful new opportunity for you to use your background in fibre materials.

We marvel at all the great new blessings that have come your way recently.

When things seem hard with juggling kids and all the work, Joel and I try to tell ourselves "to whom much is given, much is expected in return".

Monica