Friday, March 7, 2008

On My Own

It has been a great week here in SC! I thoroughly enjoyed having my parents here to help me with Helen while Alan is away. Helen was also on her very best and happiest behavior. She loved having her grandparents here to provide non-stop entertainment, lots of cuddling and teaching, and egg custard pie! Yes, Helen is now eating like a Johnson. She especially loves egg custard but is also a fan of jelly biscuits and corn casserole. Sadly, she will go back to bland baby food land now that Mommy is back in charge. It hasn't started yet, though. Alan's flight from Cincinnati got canceled, so he and his co-workers are driving to Greenville. To say in the least, I'm quite tired, so I got some BBQ for myself tonight for dinner. OR should I say Helen got BBQ for dinner. She practically ate the entire plate for herself. I don't think that she is going to give up regular food without a fight! As long as she eats healthy 80% of the time, I can save the remaining 20% for grandparent spoiling occassions (and times when Mommy is too exhausted to care).

Helen is feeling much better again. I think keeping her out of daycare this week really helped. I've also learned more than I have ever cared to learn about thrush. For a few days, the future of my continued breastfeeding was hanging by the skin of its teeth. However, I persevered and we are back on track to make it to her first birthday before weaning. I will admit that I'm weary of the whole nursing thing, but I've come this far and everyone who knows me knows that I achieve my goals, irregardless of how assanine they are (the marathon is a case in point, followed closely by my clogging recital).

I apologize for the lack of pictures. Alan took the camera to capture the beauty of Washington state. We missed some pictures of very happy moments with Grandmama & Papa, but I'm sure Helen will produce some pretty big smiles when she sees her Daddy tomorrow.

No comments: