We all went out and about to do some errands and have lunch while still making time for Helen's much needed naps (after keeping tired parents up late last night). This afternoon we went out to the backyard to try out the little playset I acquired. Helen thought it was kind of fun, but Kim decided she wanted to go to a bigger park nearby. I thought that with all the wind we had today, maybe I could try out my kite that I found in storage recently. I think about wind a lot, so I've been waiting for a chance to try it out. Well, I got the kite up, but without a helper that had a spare hand and dying winds, it didn't work out too well. Yet another reminder of why you won't find any wind farms in the Southeast. It'll have to wait for our next beach trip!
But all is well that ends well because we ended the day with grilling out for the first time this year. Of course we tried out some steaks from the freezer, grilled some asparagus, and baked some sweet potatoes. Delicious fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment