Kim had to go into work today to keep caught up during their busy time of the year. That left me to be on duty today. And since it wasn't yet time to feed, and I couldn't (and didn't want to) work on school work, it was just Helen and me time. We've found that Helen really likes to be outside, and so when she gets a little fussy it's out the front door. This afternoon, after a long good for the vegetables rain, it was cool and humid. Perfect for a walk under the cherry tree in front of the house. It's just amazing how she quiets down and stares up at it. When I walk around the tree I think it must remind her of her mobile in her crib, especially with the chirping crickets and frogs croaks we hear outside. I had to make another trek back out there tonight, since Kim took Dora on a walk right before feeding time. Again, the moment I cross the threshold of the front door, Helen stares in amazement and listens to the sounds around her. Sweet soothing, provided by nature!
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Walking under the cherry tree
Kim had to go into work today to keep caught up during their busy time of the year. That left me to be on duty today. And since it wasn't yet time to feed, and I couldn't (and didn't want to) work on school work, it was just Helen and me time. We've found that Helen really likes to be outside, and so when she gets a little fussy it's out the front door. This afternoon, after a long good for the vegetables rain, it was cool and humid. Perfect for a walk under the cherry tree in front of the house. It's just amazing how she quiets down and stares up at it. When I walk around the tree I think it must remind her of her mobile in her crib, especially with the chirping crickets and frogs croaks we hear outside. I had to make another trek back out there tonight, since Kim took Dora on a walk right before feeding time. Again, the moment I cross the threshold of the front door, Helen stares in amazement and listens to the sounds around her. Sweet soothing, provided by nature!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Ben LOVES the outdoors. So does Jackie, but not quite so much as Ben I think. He is fascinated by observing it all.
He seems to have decided to be a walker who crawls at need. That means he tried to walk everywhere today, but when he tripped, he'd crawl a step or two, then stand back up. That's what he was doing this afternoon when I got home from work, anyway. If he does indeed become a full time walker, he'll've done so at 9 months and three weeks.
Post a Comment