Wednesday, August 1, 2007

First Tomatoes

We're trying to make it through the week. It seems about this time of the week that I wake up in the morning, and for a moment am so relieved it's Friday.

... until I realize it's only Wednesday.

Kim is at the height of her busy time at work and was feeling a bit tired. While she was off to take a relaxing, energizing bath, I rediscovered the Baby Bjorn carrier. Since little Helen can hold her head up now, it's time to face forward and see the world.

We went out to check on the garden and found our first couple of tomatoes. They weren't as red as they could have been, but they were about to burst out of their skins. They made a great first of the season BLT (even though we were out of the L). Helen definitely enjoyed being in the garden. Now that I can walk her around 'hands-free', I've got myself a gardening buddy!

No comments: