Friday, May 18, 2007

Fussy Baby!

Fortunately-or unfortunately-Helen is starting to wake up. This means no more eating and going straight back to sleep. In many ways, it is very exciting to see her starting to notice things. This afternoon I watched in awe as she noticed a mirror I put in her crib. I thought to myself that I could literally watch her for hours. Of course, that was before she got fussy! I still consider her a very good baby-I just have to change my parenting style to suit her needs. As much as I would like, she will not stay on the same schedule everyday.

I've been wondering what I will end up calling Helen. So far, I have mainly referred to her as "the baby." We might call her Helen Kate when she gets a little older. Lately, I have been calling her "ChiChi" as she reminds me of a monchichi. Please see the picture and note the resemblance. I don't think that she will appreciate the fact that I compared her to a pseudo-monkey toy when she gets older, but for now it is quite fitting. What do you think?? Obviously, Helen is lacking the total hair coverage, but the expression is very similar :)

Tomorrow ChiChi and I will be embarking on an incredible journey to Conyers. A big trip all by ourselves. Alan is trying to act sad that we are leaving him behind, but I personally think that he is looking forward to the extra rest he will get. Of course, I've left behind a giant chore list.
-K

1 comment:

cellokelly said...

It's so much fun reading your blog...just like our lives, but on a 6-week delay. We can't wait to meet Helen; a visit to Mauldin may be in order!