Friday, May 18, 2007

Looking around

It was fun to see Helen, maybe for the first time, lifting her head up last night. We've found she is calmer and tends to fall asleep when we lay her, stomach down, on our chest.

Last night, she decided she needed to look around. She lifted that 95 percentile head of hers and pulled away as far as she could (and I would allow), and then twisted around looking about. Probably looking for her Mommy. It was fun to see her do that, since normally she just aimlessly bobbles her head around.

She did it again late last night, as I paced the floor trying to get her to sleep. This time she leaned back, as if in slow motion, then threw her head forward in an awesome sneeze. I guess she didn't mind smacking into my collar bone too much. Then she burped up some dinner and went right to sleep.

Now that's some big excitement for this little one. And we love it.
-A

No comments: