Hi, everyone. Kim blogging. It is very rare for me to blog lately, as I feel that by the time I wake up it is time for bed again. I'm officially part-time at work which is WONDERFUL!!! There is no possible way I could work full-time. I would be a walking zombie. The problem is now that Helen has taken a huge backslide in sleeping. For the past 3-4 weeks, she has been waking up multiple times in the night to eat. She seems to be legitimately hungry, so we have been hesitant to let her "cry it out." She is old enough to start solids, but as my mother says, "I'm a failure at rice cereal." Helen clams up at the spoon and refuses to eat. So, I can pass the CPA exam at one go, run a marathon, and survive natural birth, but feeding rice cereal to a 4 month old has gotten the best of me!!
All of these sleepless nights culminated in me getting violently ill on Thursday night. I wanted to blame either a stomach bug or bad food, but I'm now led to believe it was my body's way of saying GET SOME SLEEP! Alan gave Helen her middle of the night feeding, and I got 8 hours of sleep-the first time in probably over a month. As bad as I felt from throwing up, the sleep was still delicious. Also, it was great to be a part-time employee with full-time daycare. Alan took Helen to the daycare Friday morning, and I was able to continue sleeping. I woke up completely healed and feeling wonderful. Of course, I jumped right back on the not sleeping train last night as Helen woke up at both 1am and 4:30am and again at 6:30am. Please feel free to share any advice on getting babies to sleep through the night. So far, nothing has worked, but we are willing to try anything at this point!
Here are some of my most favorite recent Helen pics. Thanks to Kathryn Lindsay (Helen Kathryn's namesake) for the adorable princess onesie. I found a matching skirt at Marshall's, and she looked sweet enough to eat. She is getting to be so big! She has really started to blossom and truly enjoys her new gift of gab. If it wasn't for the not sleeping part, Helen would just about qualify for the best baby award!


All of these sleepless nights culminated in me getting violently ill on Thursday night. I wanted to blame either a stomach bug or bad food, but I'm now led to believe it was my body's way of saying GET SOME SLEEP! Alan gave Helen her middle of the night feeding, and I got 8 hours of sleep-the first time in probably over a month. As bad as I felt from throwing up, the sleep was still delicious. Also, it was great to be a part-time employee with full-time daycare. Alan took Helen to the daycare Friday morning, and I was able to continue sleeping. I woke up completely healed and feeling wonderful. Of course, I jumped right back on the not sleeping train last night as Helen woke up at both 1am and 4:30am and again at 6:30am. Please feel free to share any advice on getting babies to sleep through the night. So far, nothing has worked, but we are willing to try anything at this point!
Here are some of my most favorite recent Helen pics. Thanks to Kathryn Lindsay (Helen Kathryn's namesake) for the adorable princess onesie. I found a matching skirt at Marshall's, and she looked sweet enough to eat. She is getting to be so big! She has really started to blossom and truly enjoys her new gift of gab. If it wasn't for the not sleeping part, Helen would just about qualify for the best baby award!


2 comments:
What a beautiful girl! White and blue really becomes her.
Have you tried feeding the rice cereal as part of the formula in the bottle right before night-time sleeping. Sleep experts say that doesn't work, but it's worth a try at least.
Since Alan is getting up in the night for feeding via the bottle, it sounds like Helen is not exclusively breast-fed?
In that case, you can really try to fill her up with some rice in the formula before being put done, and in the night. That way, hopefully she'll be filled up enough to only get up one-time in the night.
I hear breast-fed babies can get up alot in the night for growth-spurts (that are always temporary). So, hang in there!!!
5 more months until 9-months when she can be sleep trained through the night (at least according to Weissenbluth).
Monica
I am sorry about the sleep issues =) I have to say I totally understand.
The best things as far a filling her up before bed is to put Oatmeal (not rice) cereal in the bottle (make sure you cut the nipple so it is big enough). The other thing to do is get infant feeders (we have ones left over that you are welcome to have). They are great for starting to feed solids. It is shapped like a bottle with a disk that helps cereal move up. I can show you how it works =)
See you soon!!
Lindsey
Post a Comment