It's a funny thing to see the future.
I went to the eye doctor yesterday to get a checkup on my eyes. I never really go because I don't wear glasses, but I've been having problems with my eyes always feeling itchy, red, and irritated. Of course, as part of the exam they dilate your vision. After proclaiming that I have 20/20 vision and may have the best vision of the day (vs. other patients), I'm sent off to the waiting room to sit (apparently while the office went off to a long lunch). After a few minutes of daydreaming out the window, I thought it would be nice to catch up on a little Consumer's Report. But (as you may have guessed), I couldn't make out a single letter. All blurry. How frustrating it was to wait and wait and not be able to see how many fingers I was holding up in front of my face. I attempted the "extend your arms" trick, but I couldn't hold that magazine far enough away! My clear vision returned by the time I returned to work.
My thoughts go out to the visually blurred.
I thought these recent pictures of Helen would be appropriate as I had a little focusing problem in them. You can see Helen's boo-boo band-aids from her shots last Friday. She did great, considering there was four pokes!
I went to the eye doctor yesterday to get a checkup on my eyes. I never really go because I don't wear glasses, but I've been having problems with my eyes always feeling itchy, red, and irritated. Of course, as part of the exam they dilate your vision. After proclaiming that I have 20/20 vision and may have the best vision of the day (vs. other patients), I'm sent off to the waiting room to sit (apparently while the office went off to a long lunch). After a few minutes of daydreaming out the window, I thought it would be nice to catch up on a little Consumer's Report. But (as you may have guessed), I couldn't make out a single letter. All blurry. How frustrating it was to wait and wait and not be able to see how many fingers I was holding up in front of my face. I attempted the "extend your arms" trick, but I couldn't hold that magazine far enough away! My clear vision returned by the time I returned to work.
My thoughts go out to the visually blurred.
I thought these recent pictures of Helen would be appropriate as I had a little focusing problem in them. You can see Helen's boo-boo band-aids from her shots last Friday. She did great, considering there was four pokes!


No comments:
Post a Comment