Friday, August 17, 2007

The Tomato Blog

Dear Readers,

We've been harvesting our first batches of tomatoes and jalapeƱos from the garden. As you can see, they are really coming in quite plentifully. This is just our second year with the garden, and it has been fun to go out there to see how it's growing. The taste of a tomato is fast becoming the taste of summer for me.

I need your help. I have a question for you, and you all have many answers to share. The question is simple:

If you have a fresh, juicy, sun ripened tomato, what is your favorite way to eat it?

I personally, have eaten about 8 BLT sandwiches already. And I'm experimenting with other uses. But, you absolutely just can't beat the taste of the tomato freshness, bacon saltiness, and the mayonnaise and lettuce flavors blended together. So how do you like your tomatoes during the summer?

Please respond by clicking on the 'comments' below. Follow the instructions so we can all hear about your favorites and get some new ideas. We'd love to hear from you. Honestly, I'm eating about one a day, and really need some new ways to eat them. I might even be able to convince Kim to try one somehow!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alan and Kim! I love keeping up with you two and little Helen through this blog. She is such a beautiful baby! It seems as if parenting comes natural to you both.

As far as your last post, I don't usually eat tomatoes by themselves, but I LOVE chips and Salsa. Or, you could make your own delicious ketchup!

Alan & Kim said...

Ah Salsa! I think I left my brain frying in the 104' weather. I totally forgot about that one. I have tomatoes. I have jalapenos. What else should I make but salsa! Great idea. Thanks!