Sunday, February 17, 2008

Feeling better


We are very happy to report that Helen is feeling much, much better! We are even happier that she slept through the night last night, too!! The antibiotics really pepped her back up to her old self. Helen is making great progress on the walking front. She can now take upwards of 3 steps on her own. We went to a garage sale this weekend and found a very steady & heavy push toy for her. She had one push toy, but it was very light and went too fast. She has since been walking with it all over the house...provided that she can get there in a straight line.

In other news, Helen is starting to get off of baby food and onto regular food. In some ways, that is great...in other ways, it now means that I must start preparing food more at home. So, I'm becoming more inspired to delve into the world of organic, healthy eating. I've made many trips to Whole Foods recently. I like the store in general; however, I'm disappointed when they don't have a few of our old standbys. I dislike going to the grocery store already. I'm not about to hit 2 in the same week! We'll see how we move forward with healthy eating.

Since Helen was sick on Valentine's day, I've included a few sweet pics of her.

Here's a kiss from me to me!!
Look at this beautiful card my sweet Valentine gave to me. What? You want to know who my Valentine is? It's Daddy, of course!!
Strike a pose
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good night's sleep works miracles. Helen's poses are adorable. Is she giving herself a kiss or Dora? Isn't that Dora's hangout? Can't wait to see ya'll. Love, Mom/Nana

Sarah said...

Yeah, I tried whole foods, but always ended up with 2 trips to the store, too! And it will do a number on the grocery budget. :) There are still some things I like there, but even those aren't in stock all the time, and it drives me crazy. When I go, I usually stock up on their frozen alaskan salmon and frozen edamame.

le35 said...

I'm glad that you as parents survived the world of illness. Great for all!