I'm very happy to report that our sweet little patient is doing quite well! After the fever scare last night, she made it through the rest of the night without incident. The tylenol worked like magic. I stayed up until 2:30 when I gave her the next dose of Tylenol. Then, I was able to catch a few zzz's from 3-6:30. Not too bad! Fortunately, we were able to get in with our pediatrician at 9:30 this morning. Our prayers were answered in that she does not have the flu!! Just a really nasty ear infection. I went straight to pick up our free antibiotics at Publix, and Helen has been doing much better. Don't get me wrong...she is VERY cranky and fussy. One minute I'm her most favorite person in the world, the next she's mad as fire at me. I was able to get a short nap this afternoon, but sleep has not be high on Helen's priority list (even though that is exactly what she needs.)
Alan will be taking off some on Thursday and Friday, so that I can finish my hours for the week. Darn those pesky 20 hours! At least I was able to get a full day in on Tuesday.
I have a feeling my bedtime tonight will be around 7!! I'm so sleepy!!! Thanks to everyone for your kind words, particularly to Monica...I knew you would fully understand the power of the fever :)
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hi,
I hope Helen feels better soon. Savannah has an
ear infection too. She wakes up at 1:00 screaming.This makes it very dificult to sleep.
love,
chloe
Oh my goodness...another way in which Helen is taking after her Daddy! I'm so glad that Monica was still up and replied with such good advice. I remember that we ran the humidifiers almost all winter long with both of the boys, and it seemed to help. And of course, saline drops for the nose, the eyes, the throat is an old remedy that is popular again(maybe because it works so well?). Hang in there; eventually ya'll will get caught up on your sleep. Let us know if we can help in any way. Love...Mom/Nana
P.S. We love our valentine from Helen( and Ya'll); thank you so much!
Glad to hear Helen is feeling better!
Post a Comment