Sometimes walking with purpose, sometimes wandering with wonder, but always going forward together.
All about our lives and our growing family.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
D-Date + 1
So far, nothing yet today. I have a feeling this baby won't be born until next week. Oh, well. She can come when she's ready. I'm off to run the last of my errands. What will I do the rest of the week??
Read a good book. Read two. Read a boring book (to help you sleep). I can recommend a few, depending on your interests.
If you like fiction, I recommend Empire by Orson Scott Card. Intriguing idea of where our country could be headed. If you like history, I recommend 1421, the Year China Discovered America because it is very readable and shines a fascinating new light no history as we know it. Columbus had charts to guide him here, rather than just a romantic notion he would be sailing a shorter route to India. If you like something more fanciful, read The Princess Bride, which is the book the movie was based on. A truly enjoyable read. Another one that is more removed from anything serious is The Outlaws of Sherwood, which gives a fairly realistic picture of what Robin Hood might really have been like. Robin McKinley is a favorite author of my wife's best friend.
Anyway, that's my suggestion, if you want something to pass the time enjoyably.
1 comment:
Read a good book. Read two. Read a boring book (to help you sleep). I can recommend a few, depending on your interests.
If you like fiction, I recommend Empire by Orson Scott Card. Intriguing idea of where our country could be headed. If you like history, I recommend 1421, the Year China Discovered America because it is very readable and shines a fascinating new light no history as we know it. Columbus had charts to guide him here, rather than just a romantic notion he would be sailing a shorter route to India. If you like something more fanciful, read The Princess Bride, which is the book the movie was based on. A truly enjoyable read. Another one that is more removed from anything serious is The Outlaws of Sherwood, which gives a fairly realistic picture of what Robin Hood might really have been like. Robin McKinley is a favorite author of my wife's best friend.
Anyway, that's my suggestion, if you want something to pass the time enjoyably.
Post a Comment