Friday, April 27, 2007

The Rescuers

What a difference a few pairs of helping hands can make. We had a much better night at home than the previous one. Kim and I felt a great sense of relief when my parents arrived to help for the weekend. They were gladly willing to do what I was not supposed to or able do because of my illness; hold her, change her, coddle her, and help out with around the house chores. Meanwhile I caught up on much needed rest to help me recuperate. Kim got her on a more regular feeding schedule which seemed to help, too. My parents went to the pediatrician today so I could rest and not get everyone else sick. Everything is great!

Here is a picture of Helen in her Moses basket. You can't believe how excited Kim was to receive this as a gift.
And this expression on Dora's face sums up how we have felt recently-- tired. Dora gets up with us throughout the night to see what's going on. But we were able to get more rest and are actually having a nice day. Mom made us a good dinner tonight that nourished us. Just what we all needed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone,hope uncle alan gets to felling better.I'm felling fine.A little itchy.Helen is sooooo beautiful.I can't wait to see her this summer!
love,
chloe

Anonymous said...

I hope that today is going well. I am sorry to hear about the first night home, but don't worry, it will get easier =) Remeber we are only about a mile or 2 away, call and we can come or come over any time. She can always come play with Ansley and Bailey =) Or better yet, we will send Emily to baby-sit. JK

Seriously, call us anytime or just show up. We are always here to lend a hand.

Love,
John, Lindsey, Emily, Ansley, and Bailey

cellokelly said...

Aren't grandparents the greatest? They arrive well-rested and ready to face any challenge at hand!

Alan, take care of yourself. It must be tough to be under-the-weather. We can't wait to meet Helen in person, and we wish you all the best!

-The Taylors

Anonymous said...

Dear Aunt kim and Uncle Alan,
Baby Helen is SO CUTE! I realy love her eyes.
I can't wait to see You in the summer!
From,
Nai, James, and Annie.