So, we've made it another day. However, we did have some excitement today. I had my drs. appt. Alan has been feeling a little left out because he has been so busy with classes, so he decided to go with me. I had my internal exam and, believe it or not, I'm 2 cm dilated! I said to the dr, "Are you for real?" He said he had no reason to lie to me. Apparently, the baby is right there in an "excellent position."
They don't want me to go too much longer, so we are scheduling an induction for Wednesday. The doc wanted Tuesday, but I asked if we could have one more day. An induction will really cramp my natural birth plans! I'll go in on Tuesday and get a stress test and some other things-fluid check, I think, and they'll strip my membranes. Hopefully, Helen will come on her own terms OR maybe she's trying to protect me by not letting me suffer through a natural birth...we'll see!
Alan and I then headed to the gym and thoroughly enjoyed swimming together. I should have gone swimming more often. It is a wonderful way to exercise.
We decided to celebrate Monica's birthday, my sister-in-law, by going out to eat. Of course, she lives in Ohio but that's no reason not to celebrate :) We ate at a fabulous Chinese restaurant. Alan truly stuffed himself. I wasn't sure if he would be able to walk out unassisted. It was a big night out for us as we had no coupon. As great as the food tasted, it still isn't worth it to me to spend that kind of money on dinner, but this was a special occasion.
Keep your fingers crossed for a non-induced delivery!!
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment